[Archivesspace_Users_Group] LDAP Configuration Woes

Blake Carver blake.carver at lyrasis.org
Wed Jun 28 11:00:28 EDT 2017

Hi Jason,
I've found the settings that seem to be hard to dial in are the bind_dn / base_dn and sometimes port / encryption.
I just checked ours here (we have just a few that are using LDAP) and we've not had to change up attribute_map for anyone.

Usually base_dn was something like '"dc=example,dc=edu"' for something like example.edu

bind_dn seems to vary widely, from a simple bind at example.edu to something like  '"CN=Aspace Bind,OU=Misc,DC=example,DC=edu"'

Blake Carver
   Systems Administrator, LYRASIS