[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Trouble transferring resource

Laney McGlohon laney.mcglohon at lyrasis.org
Mon Jun 26 09:23:12 EDT 2017

Hey Trevor,

We need to change and use sessions instead of cookies for transferring large resources.
I have added comment from StackOverflow (my favorite source) to the JIRA ticket,

Here it is again:

Rails cookies are limited to 4KB. Note that the sessions is also stored in the cookie in the default configuration. See: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/security.html#session-storage
The only thing you can do about that: Do not store big objects in the cookie. Store them in the database and then only store the object's id in the cookie.
This answer might also be interesting to you: https://stackoverflow.com/a/4604212/2483313

Laney

Laney McGlohon
ArchivesSpace Tech Lead