[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace release candidate available - v2.1.0-RC1

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Thu Jun 22 15:09:16 EDT 2017

Dear ArchivesSpace members,

We are pleased to announce that a release candidate - v2.1.0-RC1 (https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.1.0-RC1) - is now available for download and testing purposes. Among other new functionality, ArchivesSpace 2.1.0 includes the production-ready version of the new public interface. More details on the specifics are in the notes included with the release candidate. This release candidate features substantial work from our development partner, Hudson Molonglo (HM), as well as contributions from community members.

User documentation is in the works for the new features. In the interim, if you have questions about how anything is intended to work, please get in touch.

Testing and Feedback
Please try out this release candidate and let us know if you experience any problems. If you use this release candidate with your own data, please note that a full index is required. (If you currently use rights statements, you'll want to pay particular attention to how your rights data migrates to the new model.) Also, please note that running reports requires a MySQL database backend. You will not be able to run reports with the embedded database.

If you don't wish to download anything at this time, you can still test drive the release candidate on our test site, http://test.archivesspace.org, using the standard administrative login (admin/admin).

This is another time where many of the changes are larger than single issues in JIRA. As such, we're asking people to provide feedback by emailing me directly. We encourage you to run through the areas of the application you use regularly and let us know if anything that was working previously appears not to be, or if anything described about the new functionality is not working as intended. We'd like to get as much feedback as possible by Friday, June 30. We will determine the exact release date for 2.1.0 when we are confident in the testing results.

Thanks
Thanks to HM for all their work on this release candidate, to our community members who contributed code, to those on the Prioritization, Reports, and Testing sub-teams who identified and tested specific changes in recent months, to our specification writers for the new rights statements and OAI-PMH functionality, and especially to Mark Custer and the Public Interface Enhancement Project participants for their extensive efforts in bringing a new public interface to fruition. Even more than most of our releases, ArchivesSpace will 2.1.0 represent a major community effort and we are very appreciative of all of the different types of contributions that make this application better. Thank you all!

If you have any questions, or if you notice any issues while testing, please let us know.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>