[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD3 export for ArchivesSpace being developed through a partnership of NC State and Duke

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Thu Jun 22 08:08:10 EDT 2017

Hello ArchivesSpace members,

I'm pleased to announce that community members Trevor Thornton of North Carolina State University and Noah Huffman of Duke University are taking the lead this summer on building an exporter that will provide a first level of EAD3 support in the ArchivesSpace application. Trevor will be doing the development and Noah will be providing leadership and guidance from the functional side of things.

Their work will be based on the mapping for EAD3 that the Migrations sub-team of our Technical Advisory Council circulated in the community earlier this year. The initial focus is on ArchivesSpace being able to export valid EAD3. Building on this work, the program will continue to consider how to provide additional levels of support - with help in this area always much appreciated.

As work proceeds, you will be able to comment on and track progress in the JIRA issue: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-923. The guiding principles and mapping being used for the project are linked from the comments on the issue. We'll post more links, including to the Github repository for the developing code, as work progresses.

For questions about the EAD3 exporter project, please contact Noah (noah.huffman at duke.edu<mailto:noah.huffman at duke.edu>) or Trevor (trthorn2 at ncsu.edu<mailto:trthorn2 at ncsu.edu>). For questions or ideas about EAD3 support overall, feel free to post to the JIRA issue or get in touch with me.

Thanks to Trevor and Noah and their institutions for their generosity in taking on this project. If you or your institution are interested in getting more involved in development for ArchivesSpace, and either have projects in mind or want to know about projects already prioritized by the community, please get in touch with Laney or me. We'd love to hear from you!

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>