[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Resources, subjects, agents not showing up in public interface after upgrade

Edgar Garcia edgar-garcia at northwestern.edu
Wed Jun 21 16:23:18 EDT 2017

Reindexing after an upgrade takes a while but something should be showing up within the hour…

Unless someone else can correct me, I believe we had similar issues in the past where some SOLR index files might have been corrupted. We had to delete the index and have ArchivesSpace reindex everything.

Within the scripts directory you can run the checkindex script against the solr_index/index directory to see if there are any issues. Here is the linux command:

scripts/checkindex.sh data/solr_index/index

Here are the index files to delete:

/path/to/archivespace/data/solr_index/index/

Also delete:

/path/to/archivesspace/data/indexer_state
/path/to/archivesspace/data/indexer_pui_state

This process might take some time to index/complete depending on how large your database is, but it should start doing it once the above is deleted.

If this does not fix the issue, there could also be a problem with memory being allocated: http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/user/tuning-archivesspace/ a server/service restart COULD fix it temporarily in this case but it will eventually happen again. You will have to reindex things again to fix any of the records that were not updated.

Edgar
Edgar Garcia
Senior Software Developer
Discovery Platform Services