[Archivesspace_Users_Group] expanding fields available to create digital objects - API

Steele, Henry Henry.Steele at tufts.edu
Tue Jun 20 09:49:21 EDT 2017

Good morning,

I assist Digital Collections & Archives at Tufts University with ArchivesSpace administration.  I have recently been working on a modification to the Digital Object Manager plugin developed by Kevin Clair at Duke University.   Digital Collections & Archives uses the DOM to update digital objects, but they asked me for a way to create digital objects from a larger input CSV with more fields.

Using the API, I modified a local version of DOM so that it would create a digital object with the following fields, using the post method for digital objects:

-          Title

-          digital object identifier

-          file_uri

-          restrictions

Using another method, I was able to set the digital object to publish, including the subrecords.

However, there are a few fields we would like to add to the new digital object that appear they may not be supported in the create digital object method in the API.  The API documentation doesn't list these fields in the JSON under the Create Digital Object method.

The most important field we want to include is "Checksum"   but also would like to add:

-          checksum (mentioned above)

-          user_defined_string_1 (we're using this for location)

-          digital_object_level

-          checksum method

More broadly, is it possible to expand the number of fields available in digital object creation, or in a subsequent update of the new digital object?