[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Migration from 1.4.2 to 1.5.4

Pat Frade pat_frade at byu.edu
Tue Jul 18 15:36:33 EDT 2017

Over the last year we have made multiple attempts to migrate from 1.4 to 1.5. Recently we had a successful migration to our dev server with no errors with our data. However, we attempted to migrate to our staging server using that same data and received the same errors as previous attempts. We have received three types of errors with different messages. Examples are listed below and what action was taken to fix said error. All of our actions were conducted in our production server and not our dev server.

Error

Message

Action

AspaceJsonToManagedContainerMapper:
:LocationMismatchException

container_locations -- Locations in ArchivesSpace container don't match locations in existing top container

Verified that locations for each top container matched

JSONModel::ValidationException

barcode_1 -- Mismatch when mapping between barcode and barcode_1

Verified that barcodes matched each top container, no white spaces were used, and barcodes were not used for other boxes

JSONModel::ValidationException

indicator_1 -- Mismatch when mapping between indicator and indicator_1

Verified that the above were correct and then replaced the instance

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be the issue? Would having different information in the instances required fields (type, location status, and location start date) cause an issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

Matthew Leavitt
Collection Management Archivist
1191 Harold B. Lee Library