[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Upgrade from 1.3 to 1.5.2 - data issues

Chelsea Lobdell clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu
Tue Jul 18 10:25:03 EDT 2017

Hi Jamie,

TriCo Libraries recently experienced issues with search and browse after a
migration from v1.5.3 to v2.0.1. It is possible for the Solr index to get
messed up during an upgrade. Below is what Lyrasis recommended I do as a
first step. It basically removes all old index data and forces an entire
re-index.

stop archivesspace
back up /path/to/archivespace/data/ just in case (cp -a
/path/to/archivespace/data/ /path/to/someplace/safe/)
rm -rf /path/to/archivespace/data/*
start archivesspace up again

I suggest trying that and seeing if it helps.

- Chelsea

*Chelsea Lobdell*
*Library Web Developer/ Swarthmore College*
*clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu <clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu> / (610)690-6818*