[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace election results and new appointments

Gaidmore, Gerald gpgaidmore at wm.edu
Mon Jul 17 19:02:43 EDT 2017

To the members of the ArchivesSpace community:
I am pleased to announce the results of the elections we recently conducted to fill vacancies on the ArchivesSpace Governance Board.

  *   Gordon Daines, Special Collections Department Chair, at Brigham Young University, has been elected to serve as the representative for Large member institutions

  *   Peter Carini, College Archivist, at Dartmouth College, has been elected to serve as the representative for Medium member institution.

  *   Nicholas Zmijewski, Archivist, at the Industrial Archives and Library in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, has been elected to serve as the representative for Very Small member institution.
Gordon, Peter, and Nick will serve two-year terms, effective from July 1, 2017, and running through June 30, 2019. We extend our renewed thanks to outgoing representatives Christian Dupont (Boston College), Jay Gaidmore (College of William & Mary), and Tom Adams (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory).
We remain grateful to Christian Dupont, Ann Hodges, and Tom Adams for their candidacies.
We also want to thank Johna Von Behrens (University of Louisiana Lafayette), Cyndi Shein (UNLV), Mary Saffell (Texas Christian University), Julia Novakovic (The Strong National Museum of Play), and Annie Tummino (SUNY Maritime) for their service on the 2017 Nominating Committee.
The leadership needs of our community-based, community-driven organization are ongoing, and so the contributions of all members, including those of you who voted as voting representatives for your member institutions, continue to be greatly valued.
The board has also recently approved the appointments of six new members to the Technical Services Advisory Council: Bobbi Fox (Harvard University), Trevor Thornton (North Carolina State University), Maggie Hughes (UCLA), Dallas Pillen (University of Michigan), Julia McGinnis (California University of Pennsylvania), Megan Blair (St. Edward's University), as well as four new members of the User Services Advisory Council: Brittany Newberry (Atlanta University Center); Alston Cobourn (Texas A&M - Corpus Christi); Scott Ziegler (American Philosophical Society); Ann Merryman (University of South Carolina Upstate).
Best wishes to all as we welcome our representatives to their new roles and look ahead to coming year.
Respectfully submitted,
Jay
Jay Gaidmore
2017 Nominating Committee Chair