[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Encoding instances without containers

Ben Goldman bmg17 at psu.edu
Wed Jul 12 19:18:49 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

Having just recently upgraded to a post 1.5 world, we're learning more about the top container functionality. One immediate thing we noticed is that we cannot assign child indicators without creating or linking to a top container record. Which makes sense. But I'm curious to know how other institutions go about identifying locations for material not housed in a container, such as ledgers or artifacts?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Goldman
Digital Records Archivist &
Sally W. Kalin Early Career Librarian for Technological Innovations
Penn State University Libraries