[Archivesspace_Users_Group] "share" boxes / group boxes

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Tue Jul 11 15:12:24 EDT 2017

Nope, we did not have any shared containers to ingest, but this is how we'd use the feature in a normal workflow in the staff interface.  That said, a feature request that's still needed in ASpace is a "top container merge" feature (see https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1436).  If you had that, it would make it slightly easier in the staff interface, but still not something you'd want to do for anything at scale.

As for pre-existing data and making any updates at scale, I think you'd want to handle this with the API.

If we were doing EAD imports with shared containers, though, I suspect we'd follow the Bentley's lead on how they imported Subjects/Agents by 1) creating the top container records first, and 2) updating the EAD import process so that the match would be on the ASpace top container URI rather than creating a new top container per unique container indicator string.

Either way, the only way that I could think to do this would be to rely on the ASpace top container URL, which looks something like this in the JSON record: "top_container": {"ref":"/repositories/2/top_containers/3000"}.