[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Indexing woes in v 2.0.1

Ryan Edwards REedwards at getty.edu
Tue Jul 11 12:02:39 EDT 2017

Hello,

We had the same problems with the index being corrupted after upgrading from version 1.5.1 to 2.0.1.  Our server has a lot of RAM, but only one CPU.  After, backing up our mysql database, I stopped the application, blew away the entire /path/to/archivespace/data directory, and restarted the application, which rebuilt our indexes.  Performance improved, but the application is still running slower than it did before on version 1.5.1.  We are experimenting now with moving the mysql database and/or solr index as well as moving the application to the Amazon AWS cloud.  Hopefully in the future, as the ArchivesSpace software is improved, it will run more efficiently and require fewer resources.

-Ryan

Ryan Edwards
Digital Access and Systems Librarian
Information Systems