[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD import error - indicator mismatch

Bria Lynn Parker blparker at umd.edu
Wed Jan 25 13:11:02 EST 2017

Well, so it turns out the issue wasn't so much with my data, but that I did
not realize that deleting a resource does not also delete the top
containers created when importing a resource and associated with that
resource. So my own testing was my downfall! Thankfully this was all on a
test server, so I could easily purge all the old top containers...

Thanks all for the guidance, though!

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) <
sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu> wrote:

> I was getting that error on 1.5.2 migration ( see other email thread ) and
> that one turned out to be due to an erroneous duplicate  barcode assigned
> to different containers with different indicators.
>
> In the other cases, where there were trailing spaces in one of the
> barcodes, the message was a mismatch between barcode and barcode_1 — the
> inverse error of the one above: same container, different barcodes.
>
> — Steve.
>

> On Jan 24, 2017, at 11:10 AM, Bria Lynn Parker <blparker at umd.edu> wrote:
>
> I should add:
>
> I'm running 1.5.2, and I have checked for sneaky whitespaces within any of
> these attributes and have found none.
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Bria Lynn Parker <blparker at umd.edu> wrot
> e:
>
>> Hi all - I'm hoping someone has a tip or hint at where I'm going wrong:
>>
>> We've finished cleaning up/normalizing our EAD (including implementing
>> container attributes and the like for container management). The majority
>> are importing fine, no errors (or, at least no errors I can't find and fix,
>> like bad begin/ends). However, for some of our finding aids, I'm getting
>> the following:
>>
>> indicator_1 : Mismatch when mapping between indicator and indicator_1
>>
>> No other info about location, etc. I've about torn my hair out trying to
>> find *any* mismatch of container data - I've checked every instance's
>> dummy barcode (which is constructed in part from the id), id, and parent
>> against itself, crosschecked with the container indicator, and they all
>> match within themselves. We're importing barcodes in the label attribute,
>> which
>> works (except when it doesn't here?). The error message getting thrown is
>> from this ruby function https://github.com/archivesspa
>> ce/archivesspace/blob/5e1ca66f1f04f142f2695024efb72008250463
>> 25/backend/app/lib/aspace_json_to_managed_container_mapper.rb#L173
>>
>> Help? If someone has encountered this and figured it out, let me know -
>> I'd love some help. If you want to contact me off list, I can sent you a
>> full xml file.
>> Here's an example from my xml:
>>

>>         <c02 level="file">
>>           <did>
>>             <unittitle>Financial Records -- General -- Bound Volumes --
>> Financial Reports</unittitle>
>>             <unitdate normal="1905/1908">1905-1908</unitdate>
>>             <container label="Mixed materials (dsc_11781031089.1)" type="
>> box"id="89.1">1</container>
>>             <container parent="89.1" type="folder">1.0</container>
>>           </did>
>>         </c02>
>>
>>        <c02 level="file">
>>           <did>
>>             <unittitle>Financial Records -- General -- Bound Volumes --
>> Financial Reports</unittitle>
>>             <unitdate normal="1909">1909</unitdate>
>>             <container label="Mixed materials (dsc_11781031089.1)" type="
>> box"id="89.1">1</container>
> [...]

Bria L. Parker
Metadata Librarian

2200 McKeldin Library