[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Upgrading ArchivesSpace on a Windows/MySQL server: my step-by-step instructions

Kutzuba, Jamie KUTZUBA at hws.edu
Mon Jan 16 14:07:04 EST 2017

Thanks for documenting this!

- Jamie
315.781.4355

From: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org [mailto:archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org] On Behalf Of Ben Finberg
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:09 PM
To: Archivesspace Users Group <archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Upgrading ArchivesSpace on a Windows/MySQL server: my step-by-step instructions

Hi everyone,

As with the official installation documentation for ArchivesSpace on Windows/MySQL, I had a fair amount of trouble following the official upgrade documentation and getting everything to work properly, especially running as a service.

I've typed up a set of step-by-step instructions that helped me; I hope they're helpful to somebody else as well. NB two caveats:

*         These instructions assume you're using all the default locations/names, and you have no customizations.

*         Whereas I did a bunch of screenshots in the earlier instructions for a clean install, I've made these a lot terser; I figure if you made it through the original install you should be able to follow these steps without too much trouble.

Ben

P.S. When time permits I'll try to do a YouTube recording of this as well.

Benjamin Finberg, Director of IT and Operations
The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
505.946.1057
217 Johnson St., Santa Fe, NM  87501
www.okeeffemuseum.org<http://www.okeeffemuseum.org/>

A Great American Artist, a Great American Story. Explore the remarkable career of Georgia O'Keeffe through her artwork, the objects and places that were meaningful to her, and the experiences that defined her life.