[Archivesspace_Users_Group] AS upgrade advice needed

Hambleton, John S jhamblet at nmu.edu
Wed Jan 11 12:52:27 EST 2017

I’m in this situation right now, that is, 1.4.2 in production, cloned production database to TEST,
ran the setup-database script, and started up archivesspace 1.5.2. I did see in the archivesspace.out
log: Completed: existing containers have been migrated to the new container model.
So far so good. Then the indexer started, and immediately I saw:
“Error: Some library (perhaps JRuby) was built with a later JVM version.
Please use libraries built with the version you intend to use or an earlier one.”

OK, I tried updating java on the server (CentOS 6):
From: java version "1.6.0_39"
To:      java version "1.8.0_102"

Restart archivesspace, indexer started running!
The only thing I’m not real sure of though, is how long it takes for the indexer to finish.
I guess it would depend on how much data there is to index. If anyone has an idea of how
to tell when the indexer has indexed everything, much obliged.

John H
NMU