[Archivesspace_Users_Group] AS upgrade advice needed

Cobourn, Alston Alston.Cobourn at tamucc.edu
Wed Jan 11 11:15:44 EST 2017

Dear all,

I'm hoping some one can give me upgrade advice.  We are currently using AS 1.4.2.  Would it be best to upgrade straight from 1.4.2 to 1.5.2 or would it be best to upgrade incrementally?

Relatedly, I'd like to do the upgrade first on a test server to make sure the shift in the underlying data model doesn't cause a huge problem for our data.  We do not however currently have a test instance.  Could I request IT set up a 1.5.2 test instance and import our data straight into that to answer this question or do I really need to have them set up a 1.4.2 test instance, import our data into that, and then upgrade that to 1.5.2.  Thank you!

Sincerely,

Alston Cobourn

Processing and Digital Assets Archivist

Texas A&M-Corpus Christi