[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Resource ID uniqueness

Kennedy, Nancy KennedyN at si.edu
Mon Jan 9 15:37:08 EST 2017

Hello all,
Is this a bug? While testing EAD import workflows, I noticed that our installation doesn't force uniqueness between:

-          "1.2.3.4" (all in one id field)

-          "1-2-3-4" (all in one id field)

-          "1" "2" "3" "4" (broken out across all 4 id fields)

-          etc.... many variations are possible

Since I expect users will be importing either marc or ead data, I'd like to make sure they can't create "1.2.3.4" or "1-2-3-4" via EAD import, if "1" "2" "3" "4" version already exists. This might be less likely to happen with manual record creation, but it looks like a user could inadvertently duplicate an id that way too.

[cid:image001.png at 01D26A8E.3CF7AA90]

Thanks,
Nancy

Nancy Kennedy