[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Error Running Report

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Thu Feb 16 09:00:40 EST 2017

Dear Jesse,

This is an area the is under very active revision and development right now and I'm afraid what reports are available and working is a bit of a moving target. The Reports subteam of the ArchivesSpace User Advisory Council is preparing a message that explains what is going on, but information about their current work is available on our wiki at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/display/AC/ArchivesSpace+Reports.

The March release of ArchivesSpace will remove any reports that are not working and aim to get the highest priority reports from the list at the bottom of https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=98009123 working again. Additional work on reports is being evaluated for the June release.

In case it is helpful for you, I'll mention a couple other workarounds for working with your data. The v1.5 versions provide a way for getting data out in CSV format. You can access this option from the Browse or search results page for any of the primary record types (Accessions, Resources, Digital Objects, Agents, etc.). This will export every field from every record in the result set, but the data can be refined outside ArchivesSpace.

Another option that some people are using with success is setting up an ODBC connection or otherwise hooking ArchivesSpace up to output data to an external program. Nancy Enneking of the Getty presented a lightning talk titled DIY Reports in ArchivesSpace at a session called Making ArchivesSpace Work for You at SAA last summer. Nancy's talk is in the file posted at http://schd.ws/hosted_files/archives2016/3e/Session501-All_presenters.pptx; Nancy's starts on page 40. (There are lots of other great talks in this file too!)

I hope this helps a bit. We know that these issues with reports present significant difficulties for people and we're working to resolve them as quickly as we can, but it's a complex process, unfortunately.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>