[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Enumerations Findings

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu
Wed Feb 15 14:35:38 EST 2017

We have run into the case that some EAD attribute values are required to be NMTOKENs, thus no embedded spaces or other disallowed characters. We replaced enumerations with embedded spaces with underscores.

This has only come to my attention in the last week or so, so I haven’t made a thorough investigation of which attributes or which enumerations this applies to — just fixed them as I’ve encountered that error.

So it may be intentional that it is using the non translated value.
( And I wouldn’t be surprised, if for simplicity, it may be over applying that rule in places where it’s not actually required. )

— Steve.