[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Public access of finding aids

Allen, Odette oallen at tacomacc.edu
Wed Feb 15 12:58:49 EST 2017

I am setting up AS with the expectation that the general public will be able to digitally browse our finding aids should they wish to. In order to do this, my IT department says that I need a server with dedicated space to support the browsing, as well as server space to run the back end of AS. Is this accurate? If so, does anyone purchase server space from a reputable host? Is it horribly expensive?

Thanks!

Odette Allen
Archivist, Bldg. 7
Tacoma Community College Archive
oallen at tacomacc.edu<mailto:oallen at tacomacc.edu>; (253) 460-3990
Hours: Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:30am - 2:30pm