[Archivesspace_Users_Group] GET & POST methods for terms

James Bullen james at hudmol.com
Thu Feb 9 17:40:59 EST 2017

Hi Jason,

There is a GET /terms endpoint. It does a search and takes a q=.

There is no GET /terms/:id - I guess this is the one that’s giving you a Not Found.

And there is no POST /terms.

Here’s the controller:
https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/backend/app/controllers/term.rb

Terms aren’t really first order objects (they get managed via their parent object), so I’m not sure why they have a uri. For example:

/terms q=Audio
{
  "first_page": 1,
  "last_page": 1,
  "this_page": 1,
  "results":
  [
    {
      "lock_version": 0,
      "term": "Audio",
      "created_by": "admin",
      "last_modified_by": "admin",
      "create_time": "2017-02-07T05:34:29Z",
      "system_mtime": "2017-02-07T05:34:29Z",
      "user_mtime": "2017-02-07T05:34:29Z",
      "term_type": "genre_form",
      "jsonmodel_type": "term",
      "uri": "/terms/3",
      "vocabulary": "/vocabularies/1"
    }
  ]
}

You see it has a uri (/terms/3), but that is a bit of a lie because there is no corresponding endpoint. There could well be a good reason for this, but I’m not aware of it.

Cheers,
James