[Archivesspace_Users_Group] latest version and format for the ArchivesSpace roadmap

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Fri Dec 22 09:04:41 EST 2017

Hello ArchivesSpace members,

In recent months we've been working to update both the content and the format of our technology and development roadmap. The results are now available as a series of PDFs linked from our wiki at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/18710568/Roadmap.

Our roadmap now consists of a series of views targeted at the needs of different kinds of ArchivesSpace stakeholders. Whether you're looking for everything related to the plans for particular functionality or want to volunteer to take on a development project (All Details<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/18710568/ASpaceRoadMap-December%202017%20-%20full%20details.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1513879897969&cacheVersion=1&api=v2>), want an overview of the plans for the year (Annual Overview<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/18710568/ASpaceRoadMap-December%202017%20-%20annual%20overview.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1513879905567&cacheVersion=1&api=v2>), need to know what's in a particular release (Release-Specific views, such as this one for the our just released 2.2.2<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/18710568/ASpaceRoadMap-December%202017%20release%20details.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1513879899717&cacheVersion=1&api=v2>) or just want to convey to your administration how much is happening with the ArchivesSpace application (Impact of Enhancements<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/18710568/ASpaceRoadMap-December%202017%20-%20impact.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1513879898892&cacheVersion=1&api=v2>), we've got a view for you.

By its nature, the roadmap includes more detail in the near term, but more tentative information about improvements planned further out. In 2018, we'll aim to update it after every release.

Thanks to all who gave feedback on previous versions of the roadmap and helped us conceive of this new format. And many kudos to Christine Kim for applying her impressive design and Excel skills to the challenge of making a roadmap that both meets the needs of our many audiences and is easier for the program team to maintain.

Please feel free to get in touch with any questions. As mentioned in yesterday's monthly update, I'll also be presenting a webinar on the new roadmap on January 17 at 2:00 ET for those who want to dive into it with us a bit more deeply. I look forward to connecting with many of you there and in many other ways in the new year.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>