[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Overriding/Extending the new public interface in 2.2.0

Flanagan, Patrick PJFlanagan at ship.edu
Thu Dec 21 15:27:10 EST 2017

Hello,

I'm attempting to write a plugin that will modify the way the breadcrumb trail (shown in the new public UI) is generated to include more detail. I decided to try and override one of the files in the controller part of the architecture: resources_controller.rb, since I can see the :crumb being defined there. However, either my path is wrong, or the new UI isn't utilizing it. Following the instructions here: http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/user/archivesspace-plug-ins-readme/ I've placed the file in the following directory:

as220/plugins/local/public/controllers/resources_controller.rb

( source location: /public/app/controllers/resources_controller.rb )

Plugin Config: AppConfig[:plugins] = ['local',  'lcnaf', 'aspace-public-formats']

If I'm not mistaken that document indicates that this is something that can be overridden, but I'm suspecting I can't actually override something in the controller from a plugin.

The version is 2.2.0, running on Linux x64, openjdk version "1.8.0_151". Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you,

~Patrick Flanagan

KLN Applications Administrator

Keystone Library Network Hub