[Archivesspace_Users_Group] release of updated Archivists' Toolkit to ArchivesSpace migration tool

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Dec 19 14:05:43 EST 2017

The ArchivesSpace team is very pleased to announce the release of an updated Archivists' Toolkit to ArchivesSpace migration tool. The updated tool will enable people with Archivists' Toolkit databases who have not yet moved to ArchivesSpace to migrate directly to the latest versions of ArchivesSpace. Since ArchivesSpace has an assessment module as of v2.2.0, unlike previous versions of the migration tool, the updated tool also includes migration of assessment data. The updated tool is available at https://github.com/archivesspace/at-migration/releases/tag/v2.2.2.

Thanks very much to those who provided sample AT datasets and testing feedback. A very special thanks to Ed Busch of Michigan State University for his tireless efforts in testing and re-testing the tool while we were working on it and helping us greatly improve it as a result.

A note for Archon users: we are finishing up work on the updated Archon to ArchivesSpace migration tool and hope to have it available later this week. Look for another announcement soon.

The updates to these migration tools reflect the very significant work of Sarah Morrissey, our Georgia Tech co-op student, under the supervision of and in collaboration with Tech Lead Laney McGlohon. We are so appreciative of Sarah's efforts and look forward to her rejoining us for her next assignment in summer 2018.

We hope this updated tool will be helpful to those who have not yet made the move from Archivists' Toolkit. If you have any questions or difficulties using the updated Archivists' Toolkit migration tool, please get in touch.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>