[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Collections Browse Error in Public Interface, v2.2.1

Leilani Dawson ltdawson at hawaii.edu
Mon Dec 11 14:02:37 EST 2017

Sure, here's an export of a tiny collection showing a couple of wrapped
diacritics in the custodial history.

We haven't yet done any testing of the PUI--or the staff interface, for
that matter--with screen readers; what we know of how the ʻokina (the
glottal stop marker, ʻ) interacts with them comes mostly from
Library-wide testing of WordPress and LibGuides.   (And from that testing
we know that vowels with macrons don't normally confuse screen readers, so
we haven't been coding words containing them, e.g. Mānoa, with aria-label
attributes.)

I'm not sure what fonts we're using in WordPress and LibGuides.  I'd assume
they're pretty standard, but I'll ask.

-Leilani.