[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Collections Browse Error in Public Interface, v2.2.1

Leilani Dawson ltdawson at hawaii.edu
Fri Dec 8 13:13:06 EST 2017

Hi Christine,

I see this is listed in JIRA as a minor issue, but is there any guess for
when it might be addressed?

Certain Hawaiian-language diacritics "break" screen readers, so in order to
satisfy both accessibility requirements and UH's mandate to be a Hawaiian
place of learning, the Library has started wrapping these diacritics in
aria-label="Hawaii">Hawaiʻi</span>)   ArchivesSpace 2.1 and 2.2 not
being able to handle wrapped diacritics might preclude us from going
forward with using the public user interface and/or upgrading to 2.x. until
the fix is in.

-Leilani.
- -
Leilani Dawson
Manuscript Collections Archivist
University Archives & Manuscripts Department
University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822
ltdawson at hawaii.edu