[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Importing containers from EAD

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Thu Dec 7 15:39:26 EST 2017

Hi Marcie,

What version of ArchivesSpace are you trying to import these EADs into? We found a bug beginning with 2.1.0 - when the older container code had been removed - where uniqueness of top containers was being enforced unnecessarily in EAD imports (see https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1903). (The original issue was reported related to barcode uniqueness, but we found it went further than that.) This was corrected 2.2.1. If you try to import one of those EADs into the ArchivesSpace sandbox (http://sandbox.archivesspace.org), which is on 2.2.1, do you get the same issue?

I do note that the error below suggests that you don't have both a type and indicator for your child container, but your example has those. (You don't have to have a child container in ArchivesSpace, but if you have one you have to have both of those data points.) If by some chance you have something where you don't have both the type and the indicator for a second-level container, correcting that should get rid of that kind of error.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>