[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Spawning resources

Christie Peterson cpeterson at smith.edu
Fri Aug 25 10:03:08 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

Here at Smith we're currently diving head-first into using ASpace for our
accessioning and description workflows, and we're going to be making
healthy use of the spawn resource feature.

There are some things that do not happen in the spawning process that we
would like -- carrying over things like provenance information,
machine-actionable restrictions, etc.

I searched Jira and didn't see these as open issues. It feels to me like
rather than reporting issues one-at-a-time, it might be worthwhile to
consider a re-examination of the mapping and spawning, and maybe funding
some work to improve this process.

Is anyone else already treading this path? Would any organizations like to
start thinking and possibly working on this as a community?

Thanks all,

Christie Peterson
Head of Technical Services for Special Collections
Smith College