[Archivesspace_Users_Group] help requested with an error message - Solution!

Kari R Smith smithkr at mit.edu
Thu Aug 24 14:51:44 EDT 2017

Thanks to Steve M. and Seth S. for identifying the text in our Resource record that were producing errors because of expecting data for a hyperlink when running the Export to PDF job.

We had used a Note type=Index.  This is not to be used for creating an Listing (index) of names (as we did) but from creating an Index (like back of the book) within the PDF - and is therefore expecting you to put a reference to where in the record the hyperlink should relate (much link in HTML where you put a #ref to hope around on a Webpage.)  We feel that we should have used a Note type = General + sub-note = ordered list.

Screen shot of the offending (for us) area as a Lesson Learned to read the documentation and check when you have Resources that you can't get to Print to PDF - in our case, we also couldn't print this from ATK but we just thought it was too large of a record.

We deleted that Index Note section and now the Resource can be Print to PDF using our style sheet (huzzah!)

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D31CE8.7F519600]

Kari R. Smith
Digital Archivist and Program Head for Born-digital Archives
Institute Archives and Special Collections
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries, Cambridge, Massachusetts
617.253.5690   smithkr at mit.edu   http://libraries.mit.edu/archives/  @karirene69