[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Integrating Arcbivesspace AND Encore

Jason Loeffler j at minorscience.com
Fri Aug 18 12:48:01 EDT 2017

Hi Elizabeth,

There would be nothing barring such an integration from the ArchivesSpace
side.

Taking a quick look at their product API
<https://sandbox.iii.com/docs/Content/zReference/operations.htm>:

*"With the Sierra REST API, you can retrieve (GET) authority
<https://sandbox.iii.com/docs/Content/zReference/operations.htm#Authorit>,
bibliographic
<https://sandbox.iii.com/docs/Content/zReference/operations.htm#Bibliogr>,
branch
<https://sandbox.iii.com/docs/Content/zReference/operations.htm#Branch>, item
<https://sandbox.iii.com/docs/Content/zReference/operations.htm#Item>, order
<https://sandbox.iii.com/docs/Content/zReference/operations.htm#Order>,
and patron
<https://sandbox.iii.com/docs/Content/zReference/operations.htm#Patron> data,
including checkouts, fines, and holds. You can retrieve responses
<https://sandbox.iii.com/docs/Content/zReference/operations.htm#XML,> in
JSON, XML, or for some endpoints, MARC-in-JSON. Query parameters
<https://sandbox.iii.com/docs/Content/zReference/queryParameters.htm> constrain
the result sets."*

According to this documentation, it seems you can only retrieve records
from Encore.

Encore may have an OAI-PMH harvester with which you could harvest resources
and resource components (and other data types) from ArchivesSpace in MARC
format, but I can't tell from the documentation. The ArchivesSpace OAI-PMH
specification can be found here
<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-49>.

Jason Loeffler
Technology Consultant | The American Academy in Rome
Minor Science | Application Development & Metadata Strategy
Brooklyn, New York
jason at minorscience.com
(347) 405-0826
minorscience (Skype)