[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Container Profiles and the Extent/Space Calculators

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Mon Aug 7 09:30:14 EDT 2017

Dan,

That feature should be configurable.  At least, I know for sure that it was configurable when this feature was in a plugin, but since our hosted is still reporting linear feet, not inches (which I believe is the default, as you’ve noted), I’m quite sure this option still exists (I just haven’t tested it myself to verify that).

Here’s a bit of documentation from the old plugin:  https://github.com/hudmol/container_management#container_management_extent_calculator

So, you should be able to add something like this to your config.rb file to get cubic dimensions:

  AppConfig[:container_management_extent_calculator] = {
    :report_volume => true,
    :unit => :meters,
    :decimal_places => 2
  }

I hope that helps, but as I said, I haven’t had time to test this again just yet.

Mark

p.s. other configuration options should exist to enforce barcode length (additionally scoped differently for each repository, if needed), as well as change the default number of search results that come up on the search top container page, if needed (though the default there seems pretty reasonable, I think).