[Archivesspace_Users_Group] overriding javascript via plugin

Kevin Clair Kevin.Clair at du.edu
Thu Apr 20 10:50:12 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone on the list has managed to write a plugin to override Javascript functions in the ArchivesSpace frontend. Here at Denver our preference is to display component IDs in the resource tree view instead of Top Container information (see attached screenshot). Currently we do this through our local plugins [1], but since it looks like v2.0.0 moves all of that functionality into the script at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/frontend/app/assets/javascripts/tree_renderers.js.erb, I can't figure out a way to customize the tree rendering to override the default behavior.

There will likely be local resistance to upgrading if we lose this display customization, so any help with this would be appreciated. thanks!  -k

[1] https://github.com/duspeccoll/plugins_local/blob/master/frontend/views/shared/_tree.html.erb