[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Top Containers question

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Wed Sep 21 16:44:00 EDT 2016

Dear Lydia,

There are a few things going on here, so I'll answer as best I can, but just let us know if something is still not addressed.

Joshua pointed you to the information about adjusting permissions, so hopefully that part is cleared up a bit. Creating/updating top containers is a specific permission in ArchivesSpace, so you'll want to make sure it's granted to the users that need to do this. (If you're using the built-in permission groups, adding it to the groups for basic or advanced data entry; if you have a custom group, adding it to that group).

There isn't a bulk create option in the Manage Top Containers area. That could be filed as a feature request in JIRA. (I'd be interested to hear what people are doing to create a number of top containers in advance too.)

Where are the container_type values showing up as just "container"? There was an older issue with this displaying in the resource tree (https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1391), but if was fixed prior to the 1.5.0 release, so I'm wondering if there's still a vestige somewhere. There is a feature request in JIRA for container type to be added as a column in the bulk operations screen (https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1441).

As far as accessing the Manage Top Containers area goes in general, Sally Vermaaten reported an issue a few weeks ago related to the display of the Manage Top Containers menu item for certain permission levels, even when permission to perform the operations in that area is granted to the user: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1559

The workaround for that until it is fixed is to go to the direct link for the Manage Top Containers page (for example, in the test.archivesspace.org domain, this would be http://test.archivesspace.org/top_containers)

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Community Outreach Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
800.999.8558 x2905
678-235-2905
cdibella13 (Skype)