[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Top Containers question

Joshua D. Shaw Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu
Wed Sep 21 15:44:51 EDT 2016

Hi Lydia-

You can manage the permissions associated with the top containers by going to the “Manage Groups” menu option under the repository gear icon (I hope that makes sense!) I think you may have to be an administrator to grant these permissions.

Once there, you can either edit an already existing group and allow that group to have create/update rights for top containers or create a new custom group and assign users to that.

Hope that helps!
Joshua

On 9/21/16, 3:37 PM, "archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org on behalf of Tang, Lydia" <archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org on behalf of ltang5 at mail.lib.msu.edu> wrote:

    Hello,
    I have been trying to search the documentation on Top Containers but perhaps I am overlooking something - since migrating to version 1.5.1, it seems to me that anyone with less than archivist or even repository manager positions are not able to create Top Containers which can be problematic when just trying to enter a basic finding aid.  Additionally, it hasn’t been very clear to me where I (as a respository manager) can bulk create containers for the people I am working with.
    In the “Manage Top Container” section, I am able to look up and bulk edit (yay!) existing top containers but not create any new ones from this view.
    Additionally, any new Top Containers show up as labeled “Container” despite being able to distinguish them as “boxes” or other formats in the drop down menu.
    I have been able to more easily add boxes for finding aids by using the Rapid Data Entry, but unfortunately it seems like the basic workflow for us in generating finding aids has gotten a lot more complicated with this new update.
    Any thoughts or workarounds would be greatly appreciated!
    Lydia