[Archivesspace_Users_Group] paths too long to unzip?

Bowman, George BowmanG at si.edu
Mon Sep 19 10:15:00 EDT 2016

I'm trying to unzip the ArchivesSpace 1.51, and I get errors on two .yml files in the zip-file.

The only option I have is to skip them and move on.  I'd like to go back to the zip and find them and copy them out individually, but I can't seem to search the zip - there is some windows trick that is eluding me.

The two files having really long path names (path + filename) are

is_set_to_an_open-uri_d_URI_s_URI.yml

overrides_the_inferred_system_ID_if_set_explicitly...

Has anybody else gotten around this problem?  Or does anybody know where in the filestructure they live, so I can get them out of the zip-file?  Do the names really have to be this long?

[cid:image001.png at 01D2125E.ADE0EAB0]
[cid:image002.png at 01D2125E.ADE0EAB0]

n  George Bowman

n  Library and Archives Systems Support Branch

n  Collections Systems Division, OCIO

n  Smithsonian Institution