[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Source of digital_objects/file_versions/use_statement enumeration values ?

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Sep 13 13:50:47 EDT 2016

I’m running this patch ( https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/pull/524,  but packaged as a local plugin ) to import (dao|daoloc)@xlink:role attributes in EAD as digital_object/file_version/use_statements.

And I’m currently using the value ‘application’ to indicate links to the digital objects in our digitization tracking system (where they may or may not have yet been digitized: it might be better to encode these as extref’s in EAD and as external_ids in ArchivesSpace, but I do not yet have a path to it into ArchivesSpace with that encoding & mapping. ) and ‘image-service’  to link to a IIIF manifest ( and working on the javascript to get it to display inline ), as well as others like 'text-tei-transcripted’ .

These values come from a controlled values list ? enumeration.

I was wondering if these values came from some other standard, best-practices recommendations, or other conventional source, as I’m not sure what the distinctions between some of them ( like “-edited” suffix ) are supposed to be.

I couldn’t find any references in the docs or sources.

— Steve Majewski

file_version_use_statement: "/config/enumerations/24":
    application
    application-pdf
    audio-clip
    audio-master