[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Question: where to change text from the PDF finding aids

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Tue Sep 6 15:33:07 EDT 2016

Kari,

That text is added to the profiledesc section of the  EAD file by ArchivesSpace whenever the EAD output is created.  If you want to edit how that appears (or if it appears at all), one option is to edit the XSL transformation.  Here's where the profiledesc is called in the transformation process:

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/stylesheets/as-ead-pdf.xsl#L241-L243  (you can edit this if you don't want that section to display at all on the front page, for instance, whereas you might want to keep it in the EAD file since it provides technical metadata about when the file was generated).

And here are the lines that you might need to edit if you want to adjust the display of that information:  https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/stylesheets/as-ead-pdf.xsl#L257-L267

Are the other changes that you're making just local modifications, or actual fixes / improvements everyone would want?  If the latter, I'd encourage you to share those! :)

Mark