[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Data migration problem ATK - ArchivesSpace only specific Resource records not transferred

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Sat Oct 22 12:47:59 EDT 2016

Hi Linda,

Sorry for not replying earlier.  With versions 1.5 of ArchivesSpace, we are no longer using any plugins for container and location management at Yale.  In addition to the features added to the core code from Yale's plugin for container management (described here http://guides.library.yale.edu/archivesspace/ASpaceContainerManagement), versions 1.5 of ArchivesSpace also include some nifty new methods for location management, which were developed by our colleagues at NYU (described here http://guides.nyu.edu/archivesspace/development#s-lg-box-10702482).

All of which is to say that I don't think that a separate plugin for container/location management is required.  There are still some additional features that are desired (e.g. the ability to merge containers, including when staff users use the resource merge function), but I expect that such features and other enhancements will be added directly to the core code moving forward.

Mark