[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Anyone have an export script (using API) for digital objects to go into DSpace?

Jason Loeffler j at minorscience.com
Wed Nov 2 13:26:02 EDT 2016

Thanks, Kari.

Lots of ways to do this. I would recommend first retrieving ArchivesSpace
digital objects with the standard API calls. I've only worked with the raw
JSON output but I see there are methods for METS
<http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#get-repositories-repo_id-digital_objects-mets-id-xml>
and MODS
<http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#get-repositories-repo_id-digital_objects-mods-id-xml>
output. Probably the METS output is what you're looking for. From there you
could use Catmandu <https://github.com/LibreCat/Catmandu> to transform your
d.o. collection so that it's inline with whatever DSpace requires. Catmandu
supports myriad formats. Absent bulletproof importers and exporters in
ArchivesSpace, I've worked with Catmandu quite a lot lately to transform
XML- and JSON-formatted documents for import and export to and from
ArchivesSpace. From the DSpace side, I see DSpace vesrion 5 now has a
full-blown REST
<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/REST+API#RESTAPI-Model-Objectdatatypes>
implementation,
though I have no direct experience working with it.

Let me know if that's helpful. Happy to walk you through Catmandu anytime,
if it seems like a good fit for your use case.

Best, Jason