[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Question about intent behind container information

Bowers, Kate A. kate_bowers at harvard.edu
Wed May 18 12:41:52 EDT 2016

We are just starting to get our heads around containers, so please excuse the very basic nature of this question.  I have checked the documentation (https://docs.archivesspace.org/Default.htm#ContainersFuncOverview.htm%3FTocPath%3DManaging%2520Containers%2520%28new%2520with%2520version%25201.5.0%29|_____0), but it doesn't address where the data for displays comes from.

I am confused by what I am seeing on the screen.  It appears that the unit identifiers values ("I" and "II") and level value ("series") of the first child level in the collection have been pulled into this display. Is that the case? I would have expected that the collection unitid would be essential and would be used in any display of a box number.

Can anyone explain what is happening here, or perhaps if this is indeed what is supposed to happen?  Is this an error from the 1.5 upgrade, or is this how it is supposed to work?

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D1B0FF.A838F870]

Thanks!

Kate