[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Chinese character display problem in the EAD-PDF feature

Alan Ng (Library) alanng at cuhk.edu.hk
Wed May 11 22:14:57 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues using ArchivesSpace,

I am with Chinese University of Hong Kong Library, I am trying to use the “EAD-PDF” feature in the Archivesspace public interface. However, I realized that all the Chinese characters will appear as the “#” character in the generated PDF.

This happened for both AS 1.2.0 and AS 1.4.2

Since the majority of our records are written in Chinese language, it becomes a big problem if the system-generated PDF cannot display the Chinese characters correctly.

If you have seen the same problem, I appreciate your sharing of any workaround. Thanks a lot!

Alan Ng
May 12