[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Single-Part notes not showing up in Print Resource to PDF

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Wed May 11 16:40:41 EDT 2016

Brad,

Can you tag this bug with the “XSLT” label?  I can issue a pull request at some point once I look into making updates to that styles sheet (or if anyone else wants to beat me to that, feel free; I’ve already tested the fix).

In the meantime, the bug is on line 1551:  https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/stylesheets/as-ead-pdf.xsl#L1551

That if statement is testing for any child elements (which would force a single-part note to have mixed encoding just to display, which definitely isn’t the desire).  My assumption is that this was added in order to skip empty elements, or elements that only have white space.  To apply that fix, all you need to do is change “child::*” to “normalize-space()” – but just do that on line 1551, since there are other places using that same test.

I’ll add the same info to JIRA.

Mark