[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Proxying and AppConfig[:frontend_url]

Brian Hoffman brianjhoffman at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:39:20 EDT 2016

Hi,

If you are planning to leave each virtual server open to the world, you should be fine just recording the application urls (example: AppConfig[:backend_url] = ‘archivesspace-api.example.org’). But if you are going to restrict www access to the api service or the staff interface, you’ll need to do something like what’s described here: https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/README_HTTPS.md <https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/README_HTTPS.md>.  The proxy settings you mentioned are useful if the frontend_url is localhost:8080 but port 8080 isn’t accessible to end users.

Brian