[Archivesspace_Users_Group] applying the 1.5.0 test version

Tang, Lydia ltang5 at mail.lib.msu.edu
Tue May 3 09:28:07 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,
My institution is in the midst of Aeon implementation and a pretty involved barcoding/transfer to remote storage project and I just had a quick question — we were able to successfully implement the version 1.5 test candidate onto our test server with no issues.  Since it would be fantastic to be able to use its capabilities STAT, what are the chances that it (or the following official release) would blow up our production server?  I saw that the test version will still be getting responses until the 16th, but currently our projects are all waiting for the update container management and User Interface updates.  What I was hoping to do was back up everything, apply the 1.5 candidate, and then apply the official 1.5 release once it is out, just so our projects can go forward in the meantime.  I just wasn’t sure whether the 1.5 test candidate and any revisions leading to the official release would be antagonistic to each other if we tried this.  How is the latest timeline for the official release looking?  Thanks for your thoughts and help!

More information about the Archivesspace_Users_Group mailing list