[Archivesspace_Users_Group] white screen lock-out Aspace logs

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Thu Mar 31 16:20:32 EDT 2016

Oh dang. I think you might have cracked the case. Hopefully, anyways..

In the log at around 16:30 timeframe, I'm seeing an error that says the request size is too big. I just played around with this and it looks like the RDE is setting a cookie that can get rather large, and that can indeed cause the request size to be too big. ( the cookie is tied to the record's URL, so it will only affect that record )

But we will be updating the allowed request size considerable and I will also look into ensuring the cookie size does not balloon.

An immediate fix for when this happens might be to delete your archivesspace_rde cookies and see if stops the white page issue...

But yeah, this was really helpful.

b,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/