[Archivesspace_Users_Group] archivesspace and omeka/csv resource metadata

Jessica Wagner Webster Jessica.WagnerWebster at baruch.cuny.edu
Mon Mar 14 09:50:24 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I could use some help. Does anyone on this list use ArchivesSpace in conjunction with Omeka? In particular, I'm interested in figuring out a way to export metadata from AS to Omeka, which very much prefers flat Dublin Core CSV ingests to hierarchical data like XML. It seems clear that AS doesn't really want to export resource metadata to a CSV. Has anyone come up with a workaround? I've so far been exporting from AS into EAD and then using various methods of reformatting the XML into CSV, but that takes a lot of work.

I'd appreciate any leads! (Or, if I'm missing some obvious way to do this, please let me know that too!)

Thanks,
Jessica

Jessica Wagner Webster
Digital Initiatives Librarian, Assistant Professor
Baruch College, Newman Library
151 East 25th Street, Room 523
New York, NY 10010
(646) 312-1672