[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Need help making functional hyperlinks in finding aids

Jane LaBarbara jane.labarbara at mail.wvu.edu
Tue Mar 1 10:54:32 EST 2016

(Apologies if this has been asked before.)

Currently, my institution has hyperlinks in many of our Scope and Content notes that refer people to digitized content from the collections (example: View photographs associated with this collection in West Virginia History OnView.<http://wvhistoryonview.org/cgi/i/image/image-idx?q1=4159&rgn1=wvcp_co&op2=And&q2=&rgn2=ic_all&type=boolean&c=wvcp&view=thumbnail>)  The hyperlinks are not tagged in proper EAD fashion, so we have to fix that before we migrate to ASpace.   I tried using the extref tag and some of its attributes a few different ways in a dummy collection's S/C note in ASpace--when I look at the public view I see the text but it is NOT hyperlinked.

Can anyone give me some pointers or examples of successful hyperlinks in finding aids?

Thank you,
Jane

Jane Metters LaBarbara
Assistant Curator