[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Easy question on 1.5

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Tue Jul 12 09:53:45 EDT 2016

Hi, Valerie,

1.    V1.5.0 RC3 does not have a feature for merging top containers.  That is still an open request; see AR-1436<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1436>.

Brad

From: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org [mailto:archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org] On Behalf Of Valerie Addonizio
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:33 AM
To: archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Easy question on 1.5

Hopkins is currently using 1.4.2 with container management, and is wondering whether 1.5 includes the ability to merge top_containers? We have a number of containers that converted to distinct containers when they should be the same container (two box 252s, for example, when they are the same), and in order to correct the problem we have to manually change each instance affected. Before putting in a feature request, we through it prudent to ask whether there is a merge function in 1.5.

Thank you.

-Valerie

Valerie Addonizio
Archivist