[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Importing legacy accession records

Maura Carbone mauraa at brandeis.edu
Thu Jul 7 14:52:23 EDT 2016

Another thing to keep in mind is if you need to restore from an earlier
backup of the database because of import muckiness, you could lose work
that was happening simultaneously or be forced to go through and delete a
bunch of stuff by hand. But if you just coordinate (we're doing a batch
upload, please don't enter any records in right now), you should be fine.

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Galligan, Patrick <PGalligan at rockarch.org>
wrote:

> Faith,
>

> If you mean just importing through background jobs into the AS database,
> you’ll be totally fine.
>

> It may throw an error if your Accession identifier is not unique and
> already exists in the system, but that’s as bad I’d expect it to get.
>

> Patrick Galligan
>
> Rockefeller Archive Center
>
> Assistant Digital Archivist
>
> 914-366-6386

Maura Carbone
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Brandeis University
Library and Technology Services
(781) 736-4659
415 South Street, (MS 045/P.O. Box 549110)
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
email: mauraa at brandeis.edu