[Archivesspace_Users_Group] "Bible" and other titles (encoding analog 130, 830) in ArchivesSpace

Bowers, Kate A. kate_bowers at harvard.edu
Thu Jan 21 17:47:13 EST 2016

Thanks, Angela, for a comprehensive overview!  At least one of your suggestions, “Title records” (I might call them, added title records) would help but also have broader applicability. I can think of three use cases:

1) “Uniform title” or “series title” as I described in the original message
2) Parallel title (we have these coming from the Harvard-Yenching Library, where many record series have vernacular as well as transliterated Chinese titles)
3) Non-DACS descriptive standards requirements, such as DCRM(G), which specify multiple titles

Wonderful!  Keep them coming!

Kate

Kate Bowers
Collections Services Archivist for Metadata, Systems, and Standards
Harvard University Archives
kate_bowers at harvard.edu<mailto:megan_sniffin-marinoff at harvard.edu>
617.496.2713
voice: (617) 384-7787